We are looking for a PhD candidate in Logics for Privacy at the Laboratoire d’Informatique Fondamentale d’Orléans (LIFO) in Bourges, France, starting on October 1, 2019.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2019.
Please forward to potential candidates.
The PhD candidate will work under the supervision of Sabine Frittella and Benjamin Nguyen within the team Security of Data and Systems. The aim of this PhD is to develop probabilistic formal methods for privacy.
Depending on the interests of the applicant, the PhD could be either oriented mostly toward logic or mostly toward privacy. Logic-based research includes developing epistemic/probabilistic/many-valued logics to formalize reasoning, privacy, algorithms and attacks with logics. Privacy-based research includes studying and modelling privacy issues such as limiting privacy exposure during data collection and privacy policies on social networks.
– a Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a relevant discipline has to be completed before October 1st, 2019.
– fluent written and spoken English
Candidates with an interdisciplinary background are particularly encouraged to apply. Previous knowledge of topics related to logic and/or privacy is an advantage.
Knowledge of French language is not required. French courses are offered to PhD students if they desire to learn French during their thesis.
Please submit your application by email to Sabine Frittella (email@example.com) and Benjamin Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31, 2019, including:
– cover letter
– copies of the relevant certificates
– list of references
– relevant publications, if exist.
Prospective candidates should contact Sabine Frittella (email@example.com).
– Salary: the position is for three years (36 months), about 1,400 EUR net per month including health insurance.
– Location: Department of Computer Science at INSA Centre Val de Loire, Bourges, France
– Contact: Dr Sabine FRITTELLA (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Application deadline: March 31, 2019
– Interview dates: Throughout May-June 2019
– Starting date: October 1, 2019.
Dr. Sabine FRITTELLA
INSA Centre Val de Loire
Laboratoire d’Informatique Fondamentale d’Orléans