Inria is seeking 3 postdoctoral researchers for a new European (H2020 ICT) collaborative project called COMPRISE. COMPRISE is a 3-year Research and Innovation Action (RIA) aiming at new cost-effective, multilingual, privacy-driven voice interaction technology. This will be achieved through research advances in privacy-driven machine learning, personalized training, automatic data labeling, and tighter integration of speech and dialog processing with machine translation. The technology will be based on existing software toolkits (Kaldi speech-to-text, Platon dialog processing, Tilde text-to-speech), as well as new software resulting from these research efforts.
The consortium includes academic and industrial partners in France (Inria, Netfective Technology), Germany (Ascora, Saarland University), Latvia (Tilde), and Spain (Rooter). The successful candidates will be part of the Multispeech team in Nancy or the Magnet team in Lille. Both teams will work in tight collaboration.
* weakly-supervised, semi-supervised learning, learning with partial feedback
* theoretical aspects and formal guarantees in private machine learning,
* representation learning and deep learning for speech processing,
* learning on the edge, federated learning and personalized learning.
Both theoretical and practical aspects will be developed, possibly by different candidates depending on their skills.
Two alternative profiles are welcome, either:
* strong background in mathematics, machine learning, statistics and algorithms,
* strong experience with implementation and experimentation, speech processing, natural language processing, user modeling.
Application deadline: October 19, 2018
Starting date: January 1, 2019 or later
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Location: Nancy or Lille, France
Salary: from 2,130 to 2,520 EUR net/month, according to experience
For more details and to apply:
Inria Nancy – Grand Est
615 rue du Jardin Botanique, 54600 Villers-lès-Nancy, France
Phone: +33 3 8359 3083 – Fax: +33 3 8327 8319